· Best of – Apple released its iTunes and App Store ‘Rewind” of 2011 with their recount of the most popular content on the network. See the full list on iTunes. App of the year: Instagram. iPhone game of the year: Tiny Tower. iPad app of the year: Snapseed. Top selling app iPhone/iPad: Angry Birds.
· Search – Spend some time with this, Google’s
· Top 10 – According to Amazon, Steve Jobs biography by Walter Isaacson is the best-selling book of 2011 overall, including both print and Kindle sales. Two of the top 10 are ebook exclusive, and came through the Kindle Direct Publishing program for indie authors. Full top 10.
· Rented – Redbox is out with their top video game rentals of 2011. Number 1-5 were: COD MW3 (360), Just Dance 3 (Wii), Dead Island (360), Cars 2 (Wii) and COD MW3 (PS3). Full list here.
· Sharing – Content sharing platform AddThis published their Sharing Trends in 2011 report. Across their network of 11M domains and over 1B users, they found Facebook accounted for 52.1% of all sharing in 2011, followed by Twitter @ 13.5%. They saw 6x growth in mobile sharing, and the most shared event of the year was the death of Osama Bin Laden.
· Moments – From AOL, check out the “11 Days That Shaped 2011”. The year-end review identifies key events throughout 2011, provides facts and data related to each, and allows users to vote for the day they think most shaped 2011. Results will be announced on December 28th.