Nielsen’s latest cross-platform report shows the continued diversification of media consumption. Full report (attached), notes below.
· In total, Americans spend 33 hours/week watching video across all screens.
· The number of homes subscribing to traditional wired cable decreased 4.1% in the past year.
· 75.3% of Americans pay for broadband Internet (up from 70.9% last year).
· 90.4% pay for cable, telephone company-provided TV or satellite.
· Homes with both paid TV and broadband increased 5.5% since last year.