Google’s developers conference was this week. Check out their site for more, some notes below.
· Stats: 400M Android devices sold, 1M devices activated per day. 20B Android app installs in Google Play from 600k available apps and games. 250M Google+ users, 150M active per month.
· The Google Play service will now offer Movies and TV episodes for purchase, magazine subscriptions, and they announced partnerships with Disney, Universal, Sony Pictures, ABC, NBC, etc.
· The Vizio Co-Star will be available for pre-order next month. The Google-TV powered set-top box will retail for $99, and includes Google TV functionality, built-in apps including Netflix, Amazon Instant Video, and OnLive’s streaming game service. Press release here.
· Android 4.1 Jelly Bean. Updates included: Updated UI, Google Now (below), expanded Gmail notifications, app encryption, off-line voice typing, and more. All the details can be found here.
· Google Now. New context-aware mobile search that uses your history, location and calendar to generate more relevant searches while on the go. Video
· Asus-branded Nexus 7 tablet is here. The touch-screen device comes in 8GB and 16GB models, $199 and $249 respectively, has a 1280×800 IPS display, 1.2-megapixel front-facing camera, and 1GB of RAM. Video
· Nexus Q. A home media device that lets you stream music and video from Google Play and YouTube. The spherical device is the receiver, as well as an amplifier to power your home speakers, or these $399 Triad Speakers . Buy it here, video
· Project Glass. They gave a demo of the glasses, capturing a