· Retails stores now in 13 countries. 83M visitors last year.
· Apple notebooks rank #1 in the US in marketshare for the last 3 months.
· Last quarter (Apr-June) they sold 17M iPads, 84M total to date. 68% marketshare of worldwide tablet market.
· iPad accounts for 91% of all the web traffic from tablets.
· 700k apps in the app store, 250k designed for the iPad
· 90% of the 700k are downloaded every month. Average customer has over 100 apps.
· 400M iOS devices sold through June 2012.
o Made entirely of glass and aluminum.
o Thinnest (7.6mm) and lightest (112g) iPhone. 18% thinner than iPhone 4S and 20% lighter.
o 4 inch, Retina display, 326 PPI, 1136 x 640 screen resolution, 16:9 aspect ratio.
o Now see more email, 5th row of icons, etc… all the software (iPhoto, keynote, etc) is being updated for the new size. Apps that haven’t been updated will run, but be letterboxed.
o 44% more color saturation
o Touch sensors are integrated directly into the display itself for greater accuracy.
o Wireless tech now includes HSPA+, DC-HSDPA, and LTE. Single chip, single radio and dynamic antenna.
o Carriers include: US (Sprint, Verizon, AT&T). Canada (Rogers, Telus, Bell).
o New Wi-Fi, 2.4ghz and 5ghz on 802.11n
o Apple A6: 22% smaller, but 2x faster than the A5.
o Longer battery life compared to the 4S.
· iSight camera
o 8mp sensor, backside illuminated, hybrid IR filter, 5-element sapphire crystal lens, dynamic low light mode, precision lens alignment. 40% faster photo capture.
o Panorama: Take multiple photos and stitch together for panoramic image.
o Video: 1080p video, improved stability, face detection (you can take photos while shooting video), FaceTime camera is HD.
· Audio upgrades
o Three microphones (bottom, front, and back), improved speaker design, wideband audio.
· New connector called Lightning.
o 80% smaller, all-digital, reversible, adaptive interface. They will offer a 30-pin adapter.
· iOS 6
o Turn-by-turn directions in the GPS, new search engine with 100M points of interest, and satellite imagery.
o Tweet or post to Facebook directly from the notification center.
o Full-screen mode now available in Safari.
o Passbook: Saves all your digital cards (boarding passes, movie tickets, gift cards, etc…)
o Photo Stream Sharing: Share, comment, and like photos with your contacts.
o Siri updates: Sports scores, movie recommendations, Facebook integration.
o Available September 19
o Comes in any color you want, as long as that’s Black or White.
o Price on contract: 16gb $199. 32GB $299. 64GB $399.
o Pre-orders start September 14. Ships on September 21.
iPod / iTunes
· Completely new design and UI across all stores; books, music and video. Facebook integration throughout. iCloud built in. Coming in October
· 350M iPods sold to date.
· iPod Nano: Large, multi-touch display, physical controls along the side, 5.4mm thin. Integrated FM tuner, wide-screen video player, pedometer, Bluetooth, Lightning connector, Comes in 7 colors. Available in October, $149.
· 5th Gen iPod Touch: 6.1MM thin, lightest touch ever at 88g. Same display as iPhone 5, also has the A5 chip, dual-core processor, dual-core graphics and an iSight camera with 5mp sensor, five-element sapphire crystal lens, autofocus and flash. iPhoto and Panorama mode as well. FaceTime HD camera, 720p video. Improved wireless support for 802.11a/b/g/n. 5 color choices. Available in October, 32GB $299.
· EarBuds are dead. Enter – EarPods.