In a new report from Buddy Media, Strategies for Effective Tweeting: A Statistical Review, the social media marketing co offers some advice how to best use Twitter. Notes from their findings below.
· Wednesday & Thursday have the lowest rate of engagement. Tweets on Saturday & Sunday see a 17% increase in engagement compared to weekdays.
· Tweets published between 8am-7pn see a 30% increase in engagement over tweets outside this timeframe.
· Tweets with less than 100 characters have a 17% higher rate of engagement than longer tweets do.
· Tweets with #hashtags see 2X more engagement than tweets without. Tweets see a 17% decrease when more than 2 #hashtags are used.
· Asking followers to retweet using the actual word (versus ‘RT’) increases the retweet rate 23X.