With Android and iOS accounting for over 90% of the U.S. smartphone market, comScore offers an interesting look at behavior differences between device owners. Blog here, notes below.
· 18-24 year olds represent 19% of all iPhone owners compared to 16% of Android owners.
· 41% of iPhone owners fall in the $100,000+ average household income segment vs. 24% of Android owners.
· iPhone users show a greater propensity to engage in mobile commerce with 23% having done so vs. 17% of Android owners.
· The typical iPhone user spend 1,102 minutes each month using social networks while Android users spend only 745 minutes on average.
· On average, an Android user spends 670 minutes each month playing games while iPhone owners spend just 341 minutes.