New data from Google Think Insights shows that shoppers who use mobile in-store tend to spend more than those who don’t. Full findings here, notes below.
· 79% of smartphone owners are smartphone shoppers
· 84% of these shoppers use their phone to help shop while in a store
· 15 minutes is the average time smartphone shoppers use their phones in-store.
· Consumers choose search as their #1 in-store resource to help make purchase decisions (82%) behind store website (62%) and brand website (50%).
· There is a +50% median basket size increase between smartphone shoppers and frequent smartphone shoppers in the Health & Beauty space. +40% in Appliances.