· The rumors are over, and Apple’s music streaming service is finally here (in the US). iTunes Radio, announced this week, is largely like Pandora, Google Music, Rdio, Spotify, Twitter Music (see a trend) in that they offer a streaming music across your devices. Some things to set them apart include their catalog (26M songs), iCloud integration allows you to stop listening on one device and pick up on another, and a Siri layer. Otherwise, you create stations, can buy tracks via the service, and there are freemium (ad supported) and premium products available. Press release here.
· 407 Apple retail stores worldwide, in 14 countries, seeing more than 1M visitors per day.
· 575M iTunes Store accounts with associated credit cards.
· 600M iOS devices sold to date.
· Consumers have downloaded 50 billion apps from the App Store to date.
· Getting an end-to-end redesign, iOS7 has a new color palette, new icons, new typography and a new structure.
· Microsoft’s Bing will be the default search engine in IO7. You can still force Siri to search Google if you want through an explicit command like (“Search google for …”)
· Redesigned Notification Center and Control Center.
· Updated version of Safari.
· New camera filters.
· Updates to Siri.
· iOS / Car integration.