Akamai is out with their State of the Internet Report for Q1 2013. Covering connection speed, adoption, mobile and more, check out the full report here, notes below.
· Between Q4 2012 and Q1 2013, the global average connection speed rose from 2.9 Mbps to 3.1 Mbps.
· Global broadband adoption (speeds of 4 Mbps and up) increased 5.8% last quarter to reach 46%.
· Global high broadband (speeds of 10 Mbps and up) increased 10% last quarter to reach 13%.
· The volume of mobile data traffic doubled from Q1 2012 to Q1 2013, and grew 19% between Q4 2012 and Q1 2013.
· In Q1 2013, average connection speeds on surveyed mobile networks ranged from 0.4 Mbps to a high of 8.6 Mbps.