Now official, Twitter has filed their S-1 with the FTC to become a publicly traded company. They hope to sell 472,613,753 shares and raise at least $1 billion during their IPO. Notes below.
· They will trade under the symbol TWTR.
· 218M monthly active users. 49M in the US, 169M Int.
· 75% of their MAUs access the site from mobile devices.
· During the first six months of 2013, $253.6M in revenue, but a net loss up 41% to $69.3M.
· During the first six months of 2013, $221M worth of ads sold.
· More than 500M tweets are made each day through the service.
· Over 2,000 employees, up from 200 in early 2010.