Watch a recording of Apple’s event here, notes from today’s show below.
· Obligatory data points: Over 1M apps in the App Store. Over 60B apps have been downloaded. 20M iTunes Radio users, over 1B songs played.
· OS X: The latest OS version, 10.9 Mavericks, will be available for free in the Mac App Store. This is the first time a major update has been made available for free (10.8 Mountain Lion was $19.99, 10.7 Lion was $29.99).
· MacBook Pro: New/updated 13- and 15-inch models.
· Mac Pro: Announced at WWDC, priced and dated. December for $2,999.
· iPad Air: 9.7-inch Retina display, 7.5mm thick, 1lb. A7 chip, M7 motion coprocessor, 64-bit desktop-class architecture. Up to 8x faster performance, 72x faster graphics performance than 4th gen iPad. 5 megapixel iSight, 1080p HD video, dual mics. Silver, white, space gray and black. Available November 1. Wi-Fi ($499-$799), Wi-Fi + Cellular ($629-$929)
· iPad Mini w/Retina display: 2048x1536px screen. A7 chip, 5-megapixel iSight camera, 1080p FaceTime camera, available in silver and black. Wi-Fi ($399-$699), Wi-Fi + Cellular ($529-$829).